A while ago my sister Carolyn got me a 6-month Birchbox subscription as a gift. I admit that I was skeptical at first, but having received my first 2 months of samples I’ve realized there are a few products I’m seriously considering purchasing once my trial sizes are gone.
Seasonal transitions are always a good time to try out new beauty looks and regimens, and this year is no exception for me. In addition to the Birchbox goodies I’ve branched out a bit from my existing makeup bag and have found some new mainstays. To me, springtime beauty means sun-kissed skin, dewey cheeks, and bright lips to go with my sundress, cardi and sandals. Below are a few of my newest loves.
- A Birchbox success, Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator has superfine microdermabrasion crystals that gently but effectively scrubs away dead skin, resulting in a rosy, fresh-looking complexion.
- Benefit’s Hula bronzer provides a believable, easily buildable tan in a matte formula.
- Another Birchbox find, Hot Mama Shadow & Blush All-In-One from theBalm is a gorgeous peachy-pink with gold shimmer that’s flattering on all skin tones.
- Beauty Protector’s Protect & Detangle is one of those wonderful do-it-all products: it’s a leave-in conditioner that detangles and also protects from heat, and the best part is it smells amazing.
- Sara Happ’s The Lip Scrub is a line of delicious smelling (and tasting) sugar scrubs which leaves lips exfoliated and super soft. The Blood Orange scrub I have and love is a 2012 Fall/Winter limited edition but you may still be able to find it in stores that carry the line (I got mine at Primp). The permanent lineup of flavors include Peppermint, Vanilla Bean, Brown Sugar and Coffee Creme Brûlée. Sara Happ also makes The Lip Slip, the silkiest lip balm I’ve ever tried.
- Clinique suckered me into trying the Chubby Stick in Heftiest Hibiscus with their irresistible-looking ads juxtaposing the Chubby Sticks with like-colored gelatin squares. I know, I should know better – I work in advertising! I’m glad I bought into it though, as it delivers on providing moisturizing yet vibrant color. Heftiest Hibiscus is the perfect bright coral-pink that leaves you no choice but to feel as peppy as you look.
If you’re looking for some new products to freshen up your spring beauty routine, get out there and take a chance on something new. You never know when you might find your new favorite can’t-live-without-it product.